Happy New Year!
The streets and businesses of Downtown have been busy this week thanks to the 2023 IIHF World Juniors. Big thanks to all the visitors who supported our local Downtown businesses, and congratulations to Team Canada for winning the championship!
But the fun has just begun in Downtown Halifax this January. Here’s a taste of what’s happening Downtown this month:
Photo credit: Michelle Doucette
Elf The Musical – Neptune Theatre
Neptune Theatre’s production of Elf The Musical was extended until Sunday, January 15! There are only limited tickets left so get yours now.
January Concerts – Light House Arts Centre
- Saturday, January 21 - Andy Shauf
- Saturday, January 28 - Sloan - Steady Tour
- Friday, January 20 - Sugar Sammy (Neptune Theatre)
- Saturday, January 21 - James Mullinger (Neptune Theatre)
Halifax Mooseheads Home Games
- Sunday, January 8 - Cape Breton - 2 PM
- Thursday, January 12 - Québec - 7 PM
- Saturday, January 14 - Sherbrooke - 7 PM
- Sunday, January 15 - Moncton - 2 PM
- Thursday, January 19 - Shawinigan - 7 PM
- Saturday, January 28 - Cape Breton - 7 PM
- Sunday, January 29 - Acadie-Bathurst - 2 PM
Buy your tickets here.
Halifax Thunderbirds Home Games
- Friday, January 23 - Albany - 7:30 PM
- Friday, January 27 - Rochester - 7:00 PM
Buy your tickets here.
Museums and Attractions
Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21
- Weaving Cultural Identities - until January 22 - uses traditional weaving as a storytelling medium to explore reconciliation, identity and intercultural relations
- Canada and Germany: Partners from Immigration to Innovation - until January 22 - The exhibition explores the roots of German heritage in Canada, as well as Canadian presence in Germany
- Kids Celebrate! - until January 29 - Invites children ages 5 to 12 to learn about the many celebrations practiced in their own communities.
- Behind Racism: Challenging the Way We Think - until January 8 - explores racism in Canada and breaks down the mental processes that contribute to discrimination
Winter of Discovery / Un hiver de découvertes - January 15-16 (9 am - 4 pm) - Bring your family and friends to explore the wonders of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, & math). This FREE event by Discovery Centre is dedicated to the healthcare science heroes that have tirelessly served our province.
Looking for more things to do in Downtown Halifax? Check out our Downtown Halifax Events Calendar.
Don’t forget to check out the DELIGHTFUL DOWNTOWN Winter Light Show at Grafton Park, and the other DELIGHTFUL DOWNTOWN light installations.
Make your parking plan before heading Downtown.
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn