- Notifying users when their meter is close to expiring
- Giving users the option to add more time up to the maximum for the space
- Giving users the option to cancel their session early and be refunded for any unused time
HotSpot works with the on-street parking pay stations in Downtown Halifax. Download the app to your phone. You will need your license plate and Zone letter or parking lot number to initiate a parking session.
- If you receive a parking ticket, paper tickets will still be issued, not through the mobile app.
- You do not have to use the mobile app in order to pay, standard methods of payment for parking remain unchanged.
- On-street parking is in operation Monday through Friday, between 8 am and 6 pm. On-street parking is free on weekends, holidays and after designated time restrictions listed on the pay station. HotSpot will not process payment during these times.
HotSpot Membership Packages
The HotSpot Parking App has a $20 (+ tax) Annual Plan, a $2 (+ tax) monthly/visitor fee, or a $2 max (+ tax) pay per use fee. CAA members are eligible for a discounted annual subscription of $18/year (+ tax). Determine which convenient membership package is best for you here.