Insight Optometry has embarked on a year-long challenge to spread kindness at work, with their patients, and within the Downtown Halifax business community. They were inspired by the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation’s “Make Kindness the Norm” campaign.
They invited DHBC and all the businesses in Downtown Halifax to join in on Random Acts of Kindness Week from February 14-20 (with February 17 being the official Random Act of Kindness Day).
We'll be showcasing how you can be kind to our local Downtown Halifax businesses on our Instagram and hosting a giveaway for a $100 gift card. Make sure you are following @DowntownHalifax on Instagram to keep up to date.
RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS WEEK GIVEAWAY
From February 15-20, 2021, show us how you are being kind to #DowntownHalifax businesses and you could win a win a $100 gift card to a #Downtown business!
- Take a photo and/or a selfie showing how you are being 'kind' to a Downtown Halifax business. See below for some ideas.
- Post the photo to your IG page and tag the business and #RAKDTHFX (make sure your account is public).
- Each photo posted will count as a different entry. Multiple entries welcome.
Giveaway starts Monday, February 15, 2021, and ends Saturday, February 20, 2021, and is open on Instagram only. One (1) winner will be randomly drawn on Monday, February 22, 2021, and will contacted by DM. The winner has until Wednesday, February 24, 2021, to accept the prize or another winner will be drawn. Must be 19 and over and a resident of Nova Scotia to be eligible to win. The winner must pick up the gift card in-person from DHBC (104-1546 Barrington Street). The gift card cannot be exchanged for cash. By using the tag #RAKDTHFX you agree to have your photo reposted by DHBC on @DowntownHalifax. This giveaway is not affiliated with Instagram.
Wondering how to be kind to our local businesses? Here are some ideas:
- Dine-in, take-out or order delivery from a local restaurant or cafe
- Choose to shop at local, small businesses over an international retailer
- Support your favourite businesses online by posting about them or sharing their post on your social media
- Surprise your favourite Downtown businesses with a special treat (e.g. coffee or flowers) from another local business
There are so many ways to #SupportLocal and #bekind to our Downtown #Halifax businesses.
Let’s share the kindness this week with #RAKDTHFX.
For more information on the Random Acts of Kindness movement, visit randomactsofkindness.org.