Start making plans for Open City 2022 taking place Saturday, May 28. Businesses and organizations are rolling out their welcome mats and opening their doors offering special treats and features.
Amos Pewter - 1549 Lower Water Street
Purchase any piece of their hand crafted jewelry and receive 25% off earrings.
Andrea's Jewelry Design - 1031 Marginal Road (Halifax Seaport Farmers Market)
- When you buy a necklace from the market, you will receive a free earring of our choice :)
Argyle Fine Art - 1559 Barrington Street
- Argyle Fine Art will have artists on hand creating art, some interactive art fun, and a DRAW for some original art too!.
- Artists will be at the gallery from 2pm-3:30pm.
- Always free for everyone!
Bianca Aperitivo - 1580 Argyle Street
Bianca Aperitivo will be serving $3 scoops of house made gelato on our front steps. Beginning at 12pm, while supplies last!
Bliss Bowls - 1031 Marginal Road, Halifax Seaport Market
- Summer kick off! Come see us at HFX Seaport Market 8am-2pm Show us your tagged photo/story on Instagram and get FREE sauce added to your smoothie bowl!
Boneheads BBQ - 1014 Barrington Street
Back-Door Take-Out: Phat Mac - Hickory smoked German Debreziner sausage with thick-cut bacon topped with creamy mac n' cheese and toasted cornbread crumbs on a bun.
Brawta Jamaican Jerk Joint - 1567 Grafton Street and Salt Yard, Halifax Waterfront
- Sat May 28 2pm-4pm come try something new on our $9.99 sumpn new menu! Weird and wild to some but oh so delicious to others! Stewed peas with salted pigtails...yes you read that right. A must try!
Cable Wharf Kitchen & Patio Cable Wharf - 1751 Lower Water Street
- 👉🏽 One pulled pork taco + an 8oz sleeve of Painted Boat Lager or Annapolis Cider: $10
- 👉🏽 Burger & fries + an 8oz. sleeve of Painted Boat Lager or Annapolis Cider: $25 Find us at the end of Cable Wharf, 1751 Lower Water Street on the Halifax Waterfront!
Cafe Taiyaki 52- 2009 Brunswick Street
- 15% Off Ice Cream Bowls
Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21 - 1055 Marginal Road
- Canada's Storytellers: Albert Lee's Wok & Talk Date: Saturday, May 28 Time: 1:00 p.m.
- Location: Outside event
- Language: Presented in English
- Cost: FREE
- Join local historian Albert Lee on a journey through history! Walk the historic South End neighbourhood that was the traditional home of Halifax's Chinese community as Albert shows you the former sites of Chinese-owned businesses and homes and gives background on waves of Chinese immigration to the Maritimes! Walk will begin at the Via Rail train station, and finish at the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21 with further discussion and Q&A. Walk is approximately 1 hour, discussion/Q&A 45 minutes with bio break in between.
Carrefour Atlantic Emporium and the Puffin Gallery - Historic Properties, 1869 Lower Water Street
Guided tours of The Puffin Gallery all afternoon!
Colwell's Clothing - 1869 Upper Water Street
- Most suits and sport coats on sale.
- 50% off select stock and 30% off all suits and sport coats
Copper Branch - 1474 Lower Water Street
- Buy One Get One Half Price on Breakfast Sandwiches
- Buy One Get One Half Price on Smoothies
- *One discount per order/per person. Cannot be combined with other discounts*
- OPEN-3pm only
Downtown Halifax Business Commission - 1549 Barrington Street
- Take part in DHBC's sucker pull or Downtown trivia for your chance to win prizes, and enjoy free teats from Cabin Coffee!
East Coast Lifestyle - 1099 Marginal Road (Halifax Seaport area)
9am-7pm 30% off everything & 2 for 6 chips, for the open city event at our downtown flagship location only.
Garrison Brewery - 1149 Marginal Road (Halifax Seaport area)
- A PAWsome Open City, celebrating our furry friends. Free Dog treats, Dog beer sampling along with some human friendly drink specials and food
Halifax Citadel National Historic Site - 5425 Sackville Street
- New Exhibit grand opening: Fortress Halifax - A City Shaped by Conflict is now open. Don't miss the opportunity to see the most comprehensive history of Halifax in one location. The exhibit chronicles the history of Kjipuktuk through its establishment as "Halifax" in 1749, to the mosaic of a city that it is today. Open daily 9am-5pm starting May 7.
Halifax Seaport Farmers' Market - 1031 Marginal Road
- Join us at the Halifax Seaport Farmers’ Market on Saturday and Sunday featuring local producers, grocery item vendors, prepared food vendors and artisans. Local gifts. Local flavours. Local goodness. Local cheer.
Inkwell Modern Handmade Boutique - 2011 Brunswick Street
- Join us for our MOVING SALE on Sat. May 28!
- Help us lighten the load - 15% off storewide. Select items up to 75% off.
Kingspier Vintage Curated Collections - Historic Properties, 1869 Upper Water Street
- Join us at our mobile "Polaroid" photo booth and flash sales throughout the weekend
Kyo Kitchen & Bar - 1715 Barrington Street
Japanese Brunch! See their website for menu & details!
Le French Fix - 5233 Prince Street
- Come by for a mini pain au chocolat and Americano for $5.00 + tax while supplies last
Life SalonSpa Halifax - 1592 Barrington Street
- Experience Life SalonSpa!
- Each guest will receive an Aveda Comforting Tea, Aveda sample and chocolate!
- 20-40% discount on select products!
Mary's African Cuisine - 1701 Barrington Street
Back door takeout
Neptune Theatre - 1593 Argyle Street
- USED BOOK SALE to raise money for our production of 'Little Women' and our Youth Performance Company. Come watch the cast sing songs from the show, play some exciting theatre games and do some activities with us!
Orso Pub & Grill - 1859 Brunswick Street
- Our drink special involves $9.50 doubles and $6.50 craft beer
Pane e Circo - Bishop's Landing, 1475 Lower Water Street
We will be serving up scoops of our incredible handmade Gelati & Sorbetti from our brand new Gelato Carts outside of our Bishop's Landing Location on the beautiful Halifax Boardwalk!
Quantum Sport Therapy - 1489 Hollis Street, FOH 100
- Quantum Sport Therapy Open House
- Come meet our team and see the new space!
- Visit between 9 am - 2 pm and have the opportunity to meet with one of the practitioners in a 15 minute complimentary consultation to discuss your wellness goals.
- They will also be offering "bring a friend bootcamp" on May 28
- Bring a friend or family member with you for a two for the price of one partnered workout ($30 value for $15).
- Contact us at 902-422-4972 or at email@example.com to reserve your spots!
- All sports supplements will be 15% off for in clinic purchase on the 28th.
Terra Cafe - 1496 Lower Water Street, GH-109
- 15% off Scones, Muffins & Cookies
The Mercantile Social - 1579 Hollis Street
- The Mercantile Social will be offering our Sips at Social Happy Hour special all day long (not just 4-6pm).
- Buy one of their drink offers and get the second free with the purchase of food per guest. Guests will have to specify that they are visiting The Mercantile Social for OpenCity, otherwise the promotion will not apply from 12-4pm and 6-11pm
The Prow Gallery - 1479 Lower Water Street
- The Prow Gallery, Halifax 's newest art gallery, will be hosting "Live Painting" with artists Jenn Grant and Kim Aerts. Artists will be painting on site between 11 am and 6pm
- The Prow Gallery features local and Canadian working artists in a bright, vibrant space at Bishop's Landing.
The Stubborn Goat Gastropub - 1579 Grafton Street Saturday May 28th 10:30am till we sell out. Curb side service. Slow roasted pulled beef short rib slider with crispy onions and pickle.
World Tea House - 1592 Argyle Street
$2 teas on our spring collection $10
10min Tarot speed reading
Yu Yo Craft Supply + Tea House - 1498 Lower Water Street, Suite 1117
- Yu Yo's plans to have an entire store sale promotion, free giveaway cards, stationery and more.
- They also planning on holding a fundraising for NSCAD student scholarship.
Check out the Asian Food & Culture Carnival on the Waterfront on May 29. More info here.
And don't miss the Asian Heritage Month light show on the former Halifax Memorial Library building as part of DELIGHTFUL DOWNTOWN.