Start making plans for Open City 2021 taking place June 19. There are almost 40 businesses and organizations rolling out their welcome mats and opening their 'back-doors' offering special treats and features.
Amos Pewter - 1521 Lower Water Street (Halifax Waterfront)
Purchase any piece of jewelry and receive 25% off the second piece. (Second piece must be of equal or lesser value)
Andrea's Jewelry - Halifax Seaport Farmers' Market
Purchase a necklace and receive a FREE pair of earrings (designers choice)
Antojo Tacos + Tequilas - 1655 Argyle Street
- Dine-in offer for Churros
Argyle Fine Art - 1559 Barrington Street
- Meet the Makers! NEW art exhibit Familiar Light: Jack Ross as well as an exhibit of ceramic works, in a show called "Dwellings: Jessica MacDonald will be opening on Saturday, June 19th, and both artists will be on-site 1:30-3:30pm. Also check out throughout downtown, the POSTER POLE GALLERY. Everyone that drops by will be entered to WIN a series of special artful treats from our local makers!
Biscuit General Store - 1661 Argyle Street
20% OFF Storewide WITH @justbakedcupcakes 11am-4pm
Bliss Bowls - Halifax Seaport Farmers' Market
We will be offering special feature cookie dough flavours - Add to any smoothie bowl for $2!
Boneheads BBQ - 1014 Barrington Street
- Drop in for a Corndog special!
Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21 - 1099 Marginal Road
- Open City Specials: Museum Gift Shop 50% off Korite Ammolite jewellery & 20% off all Tilley Hats in-store stock only. (No special orders)
Carrefour Atlantic Emporium - Historic Properties
Colwell's Clothing - 1869 Upper Water Street
- 50% off summer stock and 30% off all suits and sport coats
Copper Branch - 1474 Lower Water Street
June 19: 11am-5pm: BOGO 1/2 on Power Bowls, Free Samples (In store orders only) Special vegan desserts available for purchase, Dine in (if permitted at the time) or takeout! Updated info will be on our Instagram: @copperbranchhfx
Durty Nelly's Irish Pub - 1645 Argyle Street
East Coast Lifestyle - 1099 Marginal Road (Halifax Seaport area)
Open City 30% Off Sale in our Seaport Store for the day!
Garrison Brewing - 1149 Marginal Road (Halifax Seaport area)
- A PAWsome Open City, celebrating our furry friends. Free Dog treats, Dog beer sampling along with some human friendly drink specials and food
Girl Guides Canada Pop-Up - Saltyard on the Waterfront
- June 19 in the Salt Yard: Girl Guides is a catalyst for girls empowering girls. We provide girls age 5-17 with the opportunity to try new experiences, challenge themselves and build their confidence, all within a safe environment. Our volunteers help deliver a unique program that encourages girls to build life skills in outdoor adventure, financial literacy, mental health, advocacy and more. Together, we’re building a better world, by girls. Stop by the waterfront for a chance to try out some of our program activities, including learning how to make a bedroll that will ensure you'll be warm and dry on your next camping trip. You'll go home with what we call a swap for your camp hat, so you'll be all set if you decide to register to join us for next fall!
Halifax Brewery Farmers Market - 1496 Lower Water Street
Halifax Circus - 1479 Barrington Street
Open House! Meet our teachers, see our downtown location and demonstrations of circus activities such as aerials, tightrope, acrobatics, balance and juggling, and find out why we're the circus centre of the Maritime Provinces.
Halifax Citadel National Historic Site - 5425 Sackville Street
- Enjoy an energetic stroll up Citadel Hill and pop into the Halifax Citadel National Historic Site, open 10 am-4 pm. Tour the Army Museum’s historic exhibits, pick up a local souvenir or Compass Distillery product in the Regimental Gift Shop (watch for a special announcement coming soon) and don’t miss the noon gun firing – you’ll have a front row seat to this timeless tradition! There’s no better time to explore the treasures in your own backyard!
Halifax Citadel Society - Regimental Shop - 5425 Sackville Street
- The Shop will be open from 10-4. Offering 15% off all NS Tartan items. We will also be hosting the launch & sale of our new aged on site whisky in partnership with Compass Distillers from 1-4 including a special peek at the casemate where the barrels are aged.
Halifax Seaport Farmers' Market - 1031 Marginal Road
Halifax E-Scooters - Halifax Waterfront
Give them a try! E-scooter rentals - 20% off.
Inkwell Modern Handmade Boutique - 2011 Brunswick Street
- 15% off storewide and every purchase made on June 19 (in-store) is entered in a draw to win a Made in NS gift set ($75 value)!
Kingspier Curated Collections - 1568 Argyle Street
- Flash SALES every hour during Open City. Stay tuned for further details as we join our neighbours in celebrating our vibrant community!
Lot Six Bar & Restaurant - 1685 Argyle Street
Grab & Go Sticky Ribs, $1 each!
Murphy's on the Water - Halifax Waterfront
- June 19: Last chance for 50% off store-wide on all in-stock merchandise! Free gift with purchases over $50, and fresh lemonade will be served while you shop. Come check out what we have in stock: some items are in store only and haven't been featured online!
Northern Watters Knitwear & Tartan - Historic Properties
- 15% off store wide
NSCAD Art Store - 1872 Hollis Street
- In store specials & sales AND 10% Discount at all times for those members of our community who identify as BIPOC. Open from 11-5 will be unveiling our rebrand to the public this week! including a new and updated interior, exterior and name.
Peace by Chocolate - 1741 Lower Water Street
FREE 46g chocolate bar with a purchase of $10 or more.
Spirit Spa - 5150 Salter Street
Save 20% off all in stock merchandise on May 8th. *Some exclusions apply.
Stone's Throw Patio - 1919 Upper Water Street
Spend some time on the Patio and enjoy our Open City Feature: Sticky Ribs & Lemonade!
Strange Adventures Halifax - 5110 Prince Street
FREE comic books - drop by, we'll be giving some comics away!
SuperNOVA at Dalhousie University - Halifax Waterfront near CSS Acadia
- Science Rendezvous and Open City, SuperNOVA at Dalhousie University will be launching our ROV in the harbour and streaming the video to the surface! Drop by the Halifax Harbourwalk, behind the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic to see what lives just under the boardwalk and chat with our staff about Ocean Science. This event is free and open to all ages!
Tall Ship Silva by Ambassatours Gray Line - 1751 Lower Water Street (Halifax Waterfront)
- 10 % off Tall Ship Silva Sailing 4pm Sail. Use promo code OPENCITYSILVA June 19th only. Your journey beings on the Halifax waterfront as you set off to view some of Halifax’s most notable landmarks, including Georges Island, the Halifax Waterfront, Historic Properties, and more. Help the crew hoist the Silva’s sails, enjoy a beverage or two from the onboard Murphy’s Pub, and sit back, relax and enjoy a beautiful day out on the water
The Harbour Watercraft - 1597 Lower Water Street (Halifax Waterfront)
- $20 OFF on Seadoo Rides $10 off on Kayak Tours $10 off on the Sea Halifax tour
The Lower Deck - Historic Properties
We're offering a dine-in rib deal. A full rack for the price of a 1/2 rack. Served with fries and coleslaw.
The Press Gang Restaurant - 5128 Prince Street
OYSTERS! Drop by for Buck-A-Shuck available 1-3pm. Freshly shucked oysters for $1 per oyster.
The Stubborn Goat Gastropub - 1579 Grafton Street
$10 Lobster Roll Cone served street-side from 11am - 4pm (May 8 only)
The Ville Caffeine Bar - 5146 Sackville Street
OPEN 8am - 2pm, stop by for all our Lavender-Vanilla Latte - or any of our popular usuals - coffee, espresso, breakfast sandwiches! Come say hello and then hit the boardwalk for a stroll!
Waterfront Warehouse - Halifax Waterfront
Enjoy waterfront views, beverage and fresh seafood on our newly extended patio.
World Tea House - 1592 Argyle Street
$2 teas (on select spring teas & blends) $10 tarot speed reading! Open 11 - 8pm