DHBC IS STILL AWARDING EVENT SPONSORSHIPS FOR 2021-22.
Downtown Halifax Business Commission (DHBC) offers a limited number of sponsorships for events and activations that bring residents, workers, and visitors together to participate in exciting and/or unique experiences that contribute to the vibrancy and prosperity of the Downtown Halifax area.
Sponsorship amounts range from $250.00 up to (but not exceeding) $5,000.00 (including HST if applicable). Sponsorship applicants are welcome to apply for any amount between that range at any time throughout the year.
DHBC also supports organizations with in-kind sponsorship. In-kind sponsorship could include all or any of the following: an event listing on downtownhalifax.ca, promotion through DHBC's social media channels, inclusion in both the Bi-weekly Update to members and the public-facing events e-newsletter, use of DHBC's storefront space, and advocacy, facilitiation and/or guidance from DHBC staff. Additional opportunites may exist based on the proposal and potential partnership opportunities.
DHBC does not sponsor activations, initiatives, or events that take place outside of the Downtown Halifax area. DHBC also does not sponsor political or religious events or rallies, professional conventions or conferences, or charitable/fundraising efforts or events.
For more information on DHBC's Event Sponsorship program, download the Sponsorship Assessment Guidelines.
Download the application here.
Previously sponsored events:
- 2019 Memorial Cup presented by KIA
- I Love Local HFX's Open City
- I Love Local HFX's City Harvest
- Hal-Con Sci-Fi, Fantasy & Comic Convention
- Chronicle Herald Holidays Parade of Lights
- 2019 Scotiabank Blue Nose Marathon
- Haliente's Salsa Night on Argyle
- St. Matthew's Summer Sounds @ Barrington
- Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo
- Make Music Day Halifax
- Halifax Urban Folk Festival (HUFF)
- Mosaic Festival of Arts & Culture
- Soul Tribe Live: Make Big Magic
- Halifax Dance Outdoor Dance Classes
- Nocturne: Art at Night
- Launch of the Raymond Taavel Park
- Savour Food & Wine Festival
- Halifax St. Patrick's Day Parade
- The Coast's Halifax Burger Week
- East Coast Music Awards
- The Coast's Halifax Oyster Festival
- St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Halifax Hurricanes Basketball Team
- U Sports Men's Final 8 Basketball Championship
- The Art of Disability Festival
- #PlayMeHFX Public Piano program
- Halifax Community Train Society
- Zuppa Theatre's This is Nowhere
- Doors Open Halifax
- BlogJam Atlantic
- Atlantic Fashion Week
For more information regarding DHBC's Event Sponsorship program, contact Allana MacDonald Mills, Director of Marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org.