Get out and explore Downtown Halifax with our curated "trails." Whether it's patio hopping, shopping 'til you drop, or a thirst to learn more about our city, there's something for everyone to enjoy in Downtown Halifax.
Downtown Shopping Spree Trail
- Fuel up before you start your shopping adventure with a coffee or cold drink from Café Taiyaki 52, 2009 Brunswick Street.
- Right next door to Café Taiyaki is Inkwell Boutique. This bright and beautiful store is filled with specialty printed paper products, handmade art and beautiful gifts from a diverse range of local makers and artisans. Pick up a few of their locally made cards – there’s one for every occasion.
- Walk down Duke Street to Scotia Square. Browse the shops and stop by the food court for lunch.
- Continue down Duke Street to Historic Properties. Located at 1869 Upper Water Street, the Historic Properties is filled with unique, locally owned and operated shops including Lisa Drader-Murphy’s flagship store, Colwell’s Clothing, Carrefour Atlantic Emporium and the Puffin Gallery, Northern Watters Knitwear and Tartan Shop, Twisted Willow, K Penton Art, and more. Pick up some local gifts and souvenirs (it’s never too early to shop for the holidays!).
- Walk down the Waterfront Boardwalk towards Murphy's Company Store. Browse the locally made treasures, East Coast inspired clothing, one of a kind gifts, and more.
- Continue your walk down Lower Water Street. Check out Strange Adventures Comics & Curiosities at 5110 Prince Street, and pop into Maps & More: The Travel Store - a hidden gem of a travel store - located in Summit Place at 1601 Lower Water Street.
- The final stop is Bishop’s Landing. Browse the beautiful jewellery at FRIDA Fine Jewellery, pick up a new plant at Audrey Too, and stock up on bath salts to soothe your tired legs at Moon Moon Cosmetics.
- Finally, give your feet a break and stop in Sea Smoke Restaurant & Bar for some fresh sushi and a drink. You deserve it, afterall, shopping is exhausting! Make sure to snap a selfie and tag #MeetMeDTHFX .
Other retail shops to check out in Downtown Halifax:
- Halifax Brewery Farmers Market, Patagonia Halifax, Suit Yourself and Yu Yo Craft Supply + Tea House, Brewery Market, 1496 Lower Water Street
- MEC, 1550 Granville Street
- Argyle Fine Art, The Loop Modern Fibre Craft, Urban Outfitters and Canook Trading, Barrington Street
- Biscuit General Store, 1661 Argyle Street
- Drala Books & Gifts, Taz Records and Maritime Hobbies & Crafts, Grafton Street
- RCHMD, 1869 Granville Street (Granville Mall)
- N.S.K.D (Nova Scotia Kids), 1876 Hollis Street
- Art 1274 Hollis, 1274 Hollis Street
- Halifax Seaport Farmers' Market, 1209 Marginal Road
- Amos Pewter, Halifax Waterfront
Check our more Downtown retail, shops and personal services here.
Check out our other Trails: