Get out and explore Downtown Halifax with our curated "trails." Whether it's patio hopping, shopping 'til you drop, or a thirst to learn more about our city, there's something for everyone to enjoy in Downtown Halifax.
Downtown Pints & Patios Trail
Enjoy a fun day in the sun, sampling the best food and drink that Downtown Halifax’s patios have to offer.
- Begin your afternoon at Garrison Brewing Company at 1149 Marginal Road, and sample some craft beer brewed right on site at their Seaport location. Grab a seat on their large patio and order a flight of tasters. And don’t forget to check out their Garrison apparel before you leave.
- Saunter down the Waterfront Boardwalk as you make your way to the Stubborn Goat Beer Garden – now that’s a view! Get a snack to eat (try their famous truffle fries), a cold drink and enjoy the ambience of the Waterfront.
- Snap a quick pic with The Wave. Post it to Instagram, and don’t forget to use #MeetMeDTHFX!
- A little hill won’t hurt ya! Feel the burn as you climb Sackville Street on the way to Argyle Street.
- Walk down Argyle Street, a people-focused shared streetscape that is pedestrian only until the end of September. Pop into Biscuit General Store at 1661 Argyle Street and check out the latest trends.
- Pick one of the extended patios on Argyle Street to enjoy a dinner. There are so many to choose from, including The Loose Cannon Scottish Public House (Scottish), Bistro Le Coq (French), Durty Nelly’s Irish Pub (Irish), Tokyo Roll (Japanese), Antojo Tacos + Tequilas (Mexican), and more.
- The sun is setting, and the music is turning up. End your night with a pint on Roxbury Urban Dive Bar’s new extended patio at 1743 Grafton Street.
Check out our other Trails:
Downtown Halifax has over 60 patios! Find a new favourite or visit them all this summer. Check out all the patios here.
Photo credit: Michelle Doucette/Garrison Brewing Company