Join us at the Old Town Clock on Tuesday, August 20, from 12 noon - 1:30 pm for the first Downtown Halifax Picnic on the Hill presented by Downtown Halifax, Halifax Citadel National Historic Site and Parks Canada.
Bring your blanket, lunch, a reusable cup, and sunscreen, and we will provide lemonade, iced tea, music, activities, and more.
- *Enjoy a performace by the cast of Neptune Theatre's The Argyle Street Kitchen Party at 12:30 pm*
- Learn-to Camp with Parks Canada
- Picnic Games with Parks Canada
- Free lemonade & iced tea from the Atlantic Superstore
Purchase your lunch from a participating restaurant (below), or on site from the Halifax Citadel Society (cash only on site).
Halifax Citadel Society: purchase a sandwich on site for $6.00 or a sandwich combo with a cookie and bottle of water for $10.00. See menu here.
Participating Restaurants - purchase a special Picnic lunch from the following restaurants:
- Mary's African Cuisine, 1701 Barrington Street: Jollof Rice and Chicken - $10.00
- Cafe Taiyaki 52, 2009 Brunswick Street: Ham & Cheese OR Sweet Chili Tofu Sandwich with Coffee OR Italian Soda - $6.00