WHAT'S OPEN IN DOWNTOWN HALIFAX
On July 14, 2021, Nova Scotia entered Phase 4 of the Provincial Re-Opening Plan. Updates to the restrictions include the following:
- Retail can open at 100% where possible. Masks and distancing is still required.
- Food & drink establishments can continue with outdoor and indoor dining with a max of 10 per table. Masks are still required except when eating and drinking. Hours of service must stop at midnight.
- Sports, professional and amateur arts and culture events have a limit of 50 with no distancing or masks for practices, games, rehearslas, or in-person performances. Fitness facilities (including dance studios) continue with 75% capacity.
- Personal and wellness services can continue with all services including ones that require the removal of a client's mask.
See full Re-Opening Plan outline here.
For the full list of list of provincial COVID-19 restrictions and guidance, visit the novascotia.ca/coronavirus.
When you do go out, remember to WEAR A MASK, WASH/SANITIZE YOUR HANDS, AND KEEP YOUR DISTANCE FROM OTHERS.
Rapid COVID Test Events are happening regularly at the Halifax Convention Centre. Learn more about the Rapid COVID Tests here.
THINK LOCAL FIRST when shopping. IF you are not ready or able to venture out yet, many stores and restaurants are still offering curbside pick-up, local delivery, and shipping options.
SEE WHAT'S OPEN HERE:
TIPS ON HOW TO SUPPORT SMALL BUSINESSES
- Get take-out or delivery from your local restaurants and cafes.
- Shop online and choose curbside pick-up or local delivery.
- Pre-order and pre-pay online.
- Buy giftcards to use later.
- Folllow your favourite businesses on social media to keep up to date on their offerings.
- AND you can support small businesses without spending money by liking, commenting on, and sharing their posts on social media; leaving a positive review for them; giving them a shout-out on your social platforms; or recommending them to friends. Or, just reach out to your favourite small business owners and employees to see how they are doing. They'd love to hear from you!
For more information and resources on the COVID-19 pandemic, visit downtownhalifax.ca/covid19
Keep up to date with what is happening in Downtown Hailfax. Listen to #DowntownLowdown here.