Downtown Halifax Business Commission (DHBC), DaVinci College, and Music Nova Scotia will once again present Tunes at Noon, a summer concert series featuring Nova Scotian performers of all genres of music Wednesday to Friday, from July 4 to August 17, 2018.
“Tunes at Noon is entering its 11th year,” said Paul MacKinnon, DHBC Executive Director. “Downtown employees as well as visitors to the area look forward to the concert series every summer. The performers bring Grand Parade alive and the music creates a welcoming atmosphere for Downtown Halifax.”
The call for submissions seeks musicians available to perform an hour-long concert in July and August. The Tunes at Noon concerts will be held on July 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, and August 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17, from 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm in Grand Parade in Downtown Halifax. This call is open to all genres of music. Performances will be solo acts, duos, and trios and acoustic in nature with no backline provided. Tunes at Noon will provide the following:
- PA + sound equipment (set-up and tear-down): Mixer (12 analog channels and 14 channels total), 2 main speakers, 2 monitors, 4 mics, 4 stands, 4 DI’s and cables
- Sound engineer
- Flat rate of $250 per act
- Marketing and promotion
- An opportunity to perform a midday concert in historic Grand Parade
To express interest in this opportunity, performers must send the following to Ivy Ho at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A short bio
- Artist website (may consist of Reverbnation, Bandcamp, Sonicbids, official artist website, etc.)
- Any website is acceptable, but it must house music that can be easily found and played for the jury.
- A list of dates, in the noted time period, when the artist would be unavailable to perform
- Stage plot
- Contact information (phone number, email address, and mailing address)
- Name to make cheque payable to
Deadline for submissions is Friday, May 4, 2018, by 12:00 noon.