Downtown Halifax Business Commission (DHBC), in partnership with daVinci College and Music Nova Scotia, is once again seeking submissions from performers for the 10th Annual Tunes at Noon, a summer concert series featuring Nova Scotian performers of all genres of music on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, from July 5 to September 1.
The call for submissions seeks musicians available to perform a full, hour-long concert. Tunes at Noon concerts will be held on July 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14, 19, 20, 21, 26, 27, 28, August 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, 16, 17, 23, 24, 25, and September 1, from 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm in Grand Parade in Downtown Halifax. This call for submissions is open to all genres of music. Performances will be acoustic in nature with no backline provided. Tunes at Noon will provide the following:
- PA + sound equipment (set-up and tear-down): Mixer (12 analog channels and 14 channels total), 2 main speakers, 2 monitors, 4 mics, 4 stands, 4 DI’s, and cables
- Sound engineer
- Flat rate of $250 (tax included) per act
- Marketing and promotion
- An opportunity to perform a midday concert in historic Grand Parade
To express interest in this opportunity, performers must send the following to Helen Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A short bio
- Artist website (may consist of Reverbnation, Bandcamp, Sonicbids, YouTube, SoundCloud, official artist website, etc.). Any website is acceptable, but it must house music that can be easily found and played for the selection committee.
- A list of dates, in the noted time period, when the artist would be unavailable to perform
- Stage plot
- Contact information (phone number, email address, mailing address)
- Name and address to make cheque payable to
Deadline for submissions is Friday, May 19, 2017, by 12:00 noon.