After a year-long hiatus due to COVID-19 restrictions, Tunes at Noon, is back and is looking for Nova Scotian musical artists for its 2021 line-up. Tunes at Noon outdoor summer concert series is presented by Downtown Halifax Business Commission (DHBC), in partnership with the African Nova Scotian Music Association, The Coast, Develop Nova Scotia, Music Nova Scotia, and Youth Art Connection. Tunes at Noon recognizes the support of the Province of Nova Scotia. We are pleased to work in partnership with the Department of Communities, Culture and Heritage to develop and promote our cultural resources for all Nova Scotians
Nova Scotian performers from all genres of music will perform at new location on the Salt Yard Stage, Halifax Waterfront, on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, from July 21 to August 27, 2021.
“Tunes at Noon is entering its 13th year,” said Paul MacKinnon, CEO of Downtown Halifax Business Commission. “We want to welcome workers, visitors, and tourists back to Downtown Halifax and the concert series on the Waterfront is a great way to do that. After a challenging year for the arts community and public events, the performers and the music will create a welcoming, summertime atmosphere.”
The call for submissions seeks musicians available to perform a full hour-long concert in July and August. The Tunes at Noon concerts will be held on July 21, 22, 23, 28, and 29, and August 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, and 27, from 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm on the Salt Yard Stage at the Halifax Waterfront. This call is open to all genres of music. Performances will be solo acts, duos, and trios and acoustic in nature with no backline provided.
Tunes at Noon will provide the following:
- PA + sound equipment (set-up and tear-down): Mixer (12 analog channels and 14 channels total), 2 main speakers, 2 monitors, 4 mics, 4 stands, 1 instrument mic, 4 DIs and cables
- Sound engineer
- Flat rate of $250 (including HST) per act
- Marketing and promotion
- An opportunity to perform a midday concert on the Halifax Waterfront
To express interest in this opportunity, performers must send the following to Ivy Ho at email@example.com:
- Musical genre
- A short bio
- Artist website link (may consist of Reverbnation, Bandcamp, Sonicbids, official artist website, etc.). Any website is acceptable, but it must house music that can be easily found and played for the jury.
- A list of dates, in the noted time period above, when the artist would NOT be available to perform
- Stage plot
- Contact information (phone number, email address, and mailing address)
- Name to make cheque payable to
Deadline for submissions is 5:00 pm on Wednesday, July 7, 2021.