Downtown Halifax Business Commission (DHBC), in partnership with Music Nova Scotia, will once again present Tunes at Noon, a summer concert series featuring Nova Scotian performers of all genres of music on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, from July 3 to August 22, 2019.
“Tunes at Noon is entering its 12th year,” said Paul MacKinnon, DHBC Executive Director. “Downtown workers, visitors, and tourists in the area look forward to the concert series every summer. The performers bring Grand Parade alive and the music creates a welcoming, summertime atmosphere for Downtown Halifax.”
The call for submissions seeks musicians available to perform a full hour-long concert in July and August. The Tunes at Noon concerts will be held on July 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18, 19, 24, 25, 26, 31, and August 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 14, 15, 16, 21, and 22, from 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm in Grand Parade in Downtown Halifax. Potential rain dates are August 28, 29, and 30. This call is open to all genres of music. Performances will be solo acts, duos, and trios and acoustic in nature with no backline provided.
Tunes at Noon will provide the following:
- PA + sound equipment (set-up and tear-down): Mixer (12 analog channels and 14 channels total), 2 main speakers, 2 monitors, 4 mics, 4 stands, 1 instrument mic, 4 DIs and cables
- Sound engineer
- Flat rate of $250 per act
- Marketing and promotion
- An opportunity to perform a midday concert in historic Grand Parade
To express interest in this opportunity, performers must send the following to Ivy Ho at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A short bio
- Artist website (may consist of Reverbnation, Bandcamp, Sonicbids, official artist website, etc.). Any website is acceptable, but it must house music that can be easily found and played for the jury.
- A list of dates, in the noted time period above, when the artist would not be available to perform
- Stage plot
- Contact information (phone number, email address, and mailing address)
- Name to make cheque payable to
Deadline for submissions is 5:00 pm on Friday, May 24, 2019.