For those attenting our Annual General Meeting on June 24, 2015, the following administrative by-law amendments are proposed:
- Remove all references to business occupancy tax throughout the bylaw.
- Section 3.4: remove requirement for 3% levy reserve as this is no longer required by HRM.
- Section 3.5: remove appointment of city councilor.
- Section 4.1: remove notification by mail for AGM
- Section 8.2: removal of appointment of Chairs on Action Teams?
- Article IX: remove notification by mail for special meetings
- Article XII: remove reference to business occupancy, and replace it so that termination of the organization is undertaken with 51% of the members (as defined earlier) and representing 51% of the total commercial assessment (maintains the same spirit of the current bylaws).
DHBC's By-Laws with proposed amendments shown as track changes can be downloaded here.