Job Title: Downtown Halifax Poster Kiosk Custodian
Employer: Downtown Halifax Business Commission (DHBC)
Supervisors: DHBC Director of Operations and Operations and Events Coordinator
Duration: Sunday, November 1, 2020 to Saturday, May 15, 2021
Salary: $14.00/hour (2-hour minimum guaranteed)
Reporting to the Director of Operations and the Operations and Events Coordinator, the Downtown Halifax Poster Kiosk Custodian will remove the posters from all 13 poster kiosks in the Downtown Halifax area twice a month on the 1st and 15th of each month. The posters will be placed into a recycling bag and disposed of at the Downtown Halifax Business Commission office (1546 Barrington Street, Suite 104).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Removing posters from poster kiosks twice monthly
- Cleaning and maintaining the 13 poster kiosks
- Reporting any poster kiosk damage
- Putting up posters on the poster kiosks with a staple gun
Other responsibilities may include (optional if interested in working additional paid hours):
- Sweeping up all forms of litter and garbage on sidewalks, curbs, and gutters throughout Downtown Halifax
- Sanitizing high-touch surfaces, e.g. pedestrian crosswalk push buttons, mailboxes, and door handles
- Reporting to the Director of Operations any damaged or worn-looking banners, flower baskets, planter boxes, benches, bike racks, litter bins, newspaper boxes, mailboxes, buildings, all necessary repairs to poster kiosks/pole-collars, and any irregularities on the streets, including: burned-out lights, cracks in sidewalks, loose bricks, broken trees, and graffiti
- Removing posters, handbills, and flyers from lamp posts and other surfaces within Downtown Halifax
- Maintaining community bulletin boards
- Other duties as required
A note on COVID-19:
For the health, safety, and well-being of staff, members, and the public, Downtown Halifax Business Commission (DHBC) is currently following the directives of the Nova Scotia Health Authority. DHBC has safety protocols in place and will provide training (in accordance with the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety) to ensure that all employees remain safe during their employment.
Please send résumé with attached cover letter (Word document or PDF) to:
Nate Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2020.