DHBC will advocate for an easily accessible, pedestrian-friendly Downtown Halifax that permits ready access to Downtown businesses.
Achieve improved on-street parking availability.
- Establish position, with regards to how to achieve more coordinated public lands sale and development
- Communications strategy
Increase public transit ridership into and throughout the Downtown core.
- Participate in the Leading with Transit advocacy group
Expand alternative mobility options within Downtown.
- Research and advocate for best practices, regarding multi-modal transportation (e.g., scooters, Uber/Lyft, Segways, etc.)
- Advocate for maintaining the enhanced ferry schedule with Downtown Dartmouth and Halifax Transit
Increase pedestrian traffic.
- Pedestrian counters
- Work with HRM on installation of “Rainbow Art” crosswalk
- Downtown advocate for extended Argyle Street light canopy
Reduce truck traffic in Downtown core.
- Advocate for alternate solutions for Halifax Port-related truck traffic and other truck traffic (HRM, Port of Halifax, CN, etc.)