HotSpot gives drivers more convenience when parking by:
- Notifying users when their meter is close to expiring
- Giving users the option to add more time up to the maximum for the space
- Giving users the option to cancel their session early and be refunded for any unused time
HotSpot works with the new on-street parking pay stations in Downtown Halifax. Download the app to your phone. You will need your license plate and Zone letter or parking lot number to initiate a parking session.
More information on the new on-street parking system here.
AND for more information on where to park in Downtown Halifax, check out ParkSmart in Downtown Halifax.
Additional information to remember:
- If you receive a parking ticket, paper tickets will still be issued, not through the mobile app.
- You do not have to use the mobile app in order to pay, standard methods of payment for parking remain unchanged.
- On-street parking is in operation Monday through Friday, between 8 am and 6 pm. On-street parking is free on weekends, holidays and after designated time restrictions listed on the pay station. HotSpot will not process payment during these times.
- Starting in June 2021, for 3 months, HotSpot pay-per-use fees will be covered by the City of Halifax.
- Downtown Halifax is working with HotSpot and the City on a Merchant Parking Validation program. If you are a business in Downtown Halifax and interested in this learning more about this program, click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the HotSpot Parking app today!
For more information about the HotSpot Parking App click here
HOTSPOT CONTACT INFO: