The HotSpot Parking App is now available in Downtown Halifax at all meters and Waterfront pay-and-display parking lots.
The HotSpot Parking App offers users a mobile parking app at a monthly or annual fee for the convenience of paying for your parking on your mobile device.
HotSpot gives drivers more convenience when parking by:
- Notifying users when their meter is close to expiring
- Giving users the option to add more time up to the maximum for the space
- Giving users the option to cancel their session early and be refunded for any unused time
- Providing users with a code on each meter
- Providing users with over 1,400* meters in the city of Halifax (that are available on the app)
Additional information to remember:
- Parking meter rates and time limits vary throughout the Downtown area
- If you receive a parking ticket, paper tickets will still be issued, not through the mobile app
- You do not have to use the mobile app in order to pay, standard methods of payment for parking remain unchanged
- Parking meters are in operation Monday through Friday, between 8 am and 6 pm. Parking at meters if free on weekends, holidays and after designated time restrictions listed on the meter. HotSpot will not process payment during these times.
The HotSpot Parking App has a $2 monthly fee or $20 annual fee (+HST). To access mobile payment for parking, users must download the HotSpot app which is available on the App Store, Google Play or Blackberry World.
Download the HotSpot Parking app today!
For more information on metered parking in Downtown Halifax click here
For more information about the HotSpot Parking App click here
*This number includes areas outside of Downtown Halifax.
Map of Downtown Halifax area.