DHBC will encourage development that positively impacts Downtown vibrancy and prosperity.
Promote creation of a strategic development framework for Downtown.
- Establish position, with regards to how to achieve more coordinated public lands sale/development
- Communications strategy
Influence and inform design guidelines for private and large-scale infrastructure development (e.g. Cogswell District, HRM by Design).
- Lead Cogswell Coalition
Advocate for change in the construction mitigation by-law to mandate that BIDs have input into mitigation plans.
- Advocate for by-law change, requiring BID involvement in, and public disclosure of, construction mitigation plans (with other BIDs)
Ensure effective communications to member and Downtown visitors, related to large development projects.
- Distribute communication material to members through the Downtown Crew (seasonal)
- Communications strategies for developments
- Cogswell District communications plan with HRM Public Affairs
- Create, facilitate, and/or promote communications plans for large-scale development projects (e.g. Cogswell District, Halifax Port expansion, Ralston building, Art Gallery of Nova Scotia, etc.)