Eventful Year Downtown contest is now closed. We'd like to congratulate our winners!
- Lesley Barnes - Trip for 2 to Scotland (valued at $7,500)
- Ali Jopp - Downtown Shopping Spree (valued at $2,000)
- Mitchell Abbott - Downtown Events Ticket Package (valued at approximately $2,000)
About the Contest
2017 is the year of big – and small – events in Downtown Halifax. From marathons, parades and Tall Ships to music, food, and art festivals, Downtown attracts them all. Eventful Year Downtown celebrates those great events by helping you enjoy them even more. Enter the Eventful Year Downtown contest for your chance to win some eventful prizes!
- A trip for two to Scotland that includes tour, airfare, and accommodations - valued at $7,500
- Downtown Halifax shopping spree - valued at approximately $2,000
- A prize package of event tickets and passes for 2017 events - valued at approximately $2,000. The package includes ticket so events such as: Halifax Pop Explosion, TD Halifax Jazz Festival, Oyster Festival, OUTEast Film Festival, Halifax Seaport Beerfest, Hal-Con, Brian Wilson, Halifax Mooseheads, and Royal NS International Tattoo.
Two ways to enter:
- Post a selfie at any event happening in Downtown Halifax to Twitter and/or Instagram from March 31 to May 31, 2017, with the hashtag #EventfulDT
- Sign up for the DHBC “What’s Happening” newsletter on the DHBC website by May 31, 2017.
Wondering what events to attend?
We have an online events calendar for Downtown Halifax to help you out. But, eligible events for this contest are not limited to what's listed in the calendar. As long as the event takes place Downtown, you're good to go!
DHBC represents all organizations, including property owners and tenants, located in the area between the Halifax Waterfront and the water side of Brunswick Street, and between the Cogswell Interchange and the south end of Barrington Street. Here's a handy map of the Downtown district: