Discover how “Art is all Around Us” on this art-centric walking tour of Downtown Halifax. Guided by your very own Fine Art expert, hear stories and insights, see colourful murals and unique architecture, and engage your taste buds with a delicious local chocolate tasting!
- Explore art through the eyes of Nova Scotia artists on a 2 to 2.5-hour, one-of-a-kind, downtown Halifax walking tour!
- Led by your very own NSCAD University Fine Art Graduate, discover colourful murals and public art, hidden gems, and interesting architecture with stories and insights about the creation and their creators along the way.
- Fun photo opportunities around every corner so be sure to bring your camera! We’ll help you capture the perfect shot to remember your tour (tag us on Instagram using #HalifaxArtTour) – a great time for a quick rest, too.
- Savour delicious local chocolates at Rousseau Chocolatier to taste and see how art is beautifully incorporated in local culinary!
- Shop the Argyle Fine Art gallery collection: We believe art is for everyone! One of Halifax's most progressive galleries and named Best Gallery by The Coast year after year - shop our gallery collection, get to know the owner or simply cool-off after your tour.
Price: $30 + HST and Eventbrite fees / per person
* Family group: $95 (includes two adults + two youth / under 18). Children under 10 are free.
Dates: Runs Tuesdays and Saturdays
- Tuesdays at 10 am – 12 pm or 2 pm – 4 pm
- Saturdays 2 pm – 4 pm
LEARN MORE & PURCHASE TICKETS HERE.
Your Guide: Natasha Grenke (she/her) was born and raised in Edmonton, AB. Natasha came to Halifax in 2017 to pursue her passion for art at NSCAD University, receiving her Fine Arts degree in 2019. A watercolour artist who loves to capture the moments of everyday life, showing the often-overlooked beauty that surrounds one’s busy routine. Read more about Natasha HERE.
Good to Know: Tour runs rain or shine so be sure to dress for the weather and wear comfortable footwear. Sun hats, sunglasses, sunscreen, and water are recommended on sunny days. Most of the tour takes place on flat terrain but we will encounter a couple of steep hills. Tour is approximately 2 to 2.5-hours in length and we cover about 4-kilometres of walking. Tour begins at Argyle Fine Art (1559 Barrington Street, Unit 102) ends at Rousseau Chocolatier (5151 South Street). There are washroom facilities on-site at Argyle Fine Art if you'd like to store anything you'd like and retrieve it after the tour completes. Please arrive to Argyle Fine Art at least 10-minutes before your scheduled tour start time. Tours start promptly at their scheduled start time. If you are arriving by car, we recommend parking at Metro Park (1554 Hollis St.) or on the street near the gallery. We require all guests to follow all provincially mandated Covid-19 protocols.