DHBC will be the recognized expert resource and voice of Downtown Halifax – the leader, facilitator, and convener of strategic discourse and communications.
Enhance DHBC’s profile through increased media attention, more speaking engagements, and strategic facilitation and communications.
- Active participation in Art of City Building conference/The Carmichael Lecture (with Develop Nova Scotia, RAD Consulting, National PR, new partners)
- Launch and execute year one of 2019-2022 Strategic Plan
- Co-lead IDA Canada Policy Summit II
- Host Federal Election Candidate Forum (Halifax)
Be the expert on all things Downtown through the collection, dissemination, and application of data, research, and knowledge translation.
- Promote new “Downtown Declaration” in advance of 2019 federal election
- Work with Nova Scotia Department of Municipal Affairs, Nova Scotia Federation of Municipalities to create long-term relationship with Nova Scotia BIDs
- Help facilitate creation of new BIDs
- Investigate BID boundary expansion(s)
- DHBC to work with HRM and Halifax Partnership to secure research to input into State of Canada’s Downtowns toolkit
- Participation in IDA Canada Leadership Group (2019-2021)
- Accumulation and exchange of best practices through research, conferences, memberships (IDA, IDA Canada, Downtowns Atlantic Canada, etc.)
- Meltwater Media monitoring (issues and programming)
- Ongoing website updates
- Create new profile-enhancing programs (i.e., podcast)
- Ongoing Information sessions/forums as needed
Strengthen and improve the DHBC brand and execute marketing programs that align with and support it.
- Brand Update (revisit and refresh brand, e.g. still photography)
- Social media strategy
- Brand campaign (e.g. general advertising, Google Adwords)
- Seasonal campaigns
- Summer (e.g. Patio Campaign, Downtown Halifax Picnic)
- Holiday (e.g. The Halifax Lights Festival)
- Winter (e.g. Valentine’s Day, March Break)
- Marketing collateral and assets (could include signage, new branded tent, Park Smart brochure)
- Delegates Welcome Program
- Promote Downtown goals to other organizations
Maintain the Street Navigator Outreach Program and increase its member awareness.
- Navigator Street Outreach Program – maintain current service level
- Seek financial support for Navigator Street Outreach Program