In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, DHBC is following the directives of public health organizations, in particular: Nova Scotia Health Authority, Health Canada, and the World Health Organization, and is asking businesses in Downtown Halifax to do the same.
PLEASE SEE CURRENT PROVINCIAL RESTRICTIONS HERE (Phase 3 of reopening plan now in effect. See "Provincial Updates and Resources" below.)
LEARN MORE ABOUT NOVA SCOTIA'S PROOF OF VACCINATION POLICY HERE.
Federal Updates and Resources
- Local Lockdown Program – wage and rent subsidy support for businesses due to new local lockdowns
- Canada Worker Lockdown Benefit – income support to workers whose employment was interrupted by specific government-imposed public health lockdown
- Tourism and Hospitality Recovery Program – wage and rent subsidies to tourism and hospitality industry; subsidy rate of 75 per cent max.
- Hardest-Hit Business Recovery Program – wage and rent subsidies for businesses that have faced deep losses; subsidy rate of 50 per cent max.
- Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit, Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit, and Canada Recovery Hiring Program extended until May 7, 2022.
Canada Economic and Fiscal Update 2021
Canada's COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy (CERS)
Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CRSB)
Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit (CRCB)
Canada Small Business Financing Program
Black Entrepreneurship Loan Fund
CCOHS Health and Safety Resources
Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
Government of Canada toll-free information line: 1-833-784-4397
Provincial Updates and Resources
- Phase 3 of the Province's reopening plan took effect on March 21.
- No province-wide gathering limits, social distancing or mask restrictions. Some restrictions may remain in high-risk settings like healthcare and continuing care.
- *UPDATED* Paid Sick Leave Program - Nova Scotians impacted by COVID-19 between 20 December 2021 and 7 May 2022 may qualify for up to four paid sick days.
Nova Scotia Health Authority
Watch Provincial Government live webcasts
COVID-19 Employers Guide
Small Business Loan Guarantee Program
Small Business Real Property Tax Rebate (SBRPTR)
Mental health, well-being and support
Nova Scotia Workplace PPE Supplier Directory
Nova Scotia Business Navigators
NSBI Funding Search Tool
NSBI Virtual Workshops and Training
Halifax Regional Municipality
World Health Organization
Restaurant Association of Nova Scotia Contact Tracing App for dine-in restaurants and licenced establishments
Restaurant COVID-19 Rapid Recovery Guide for Nova Scotia Reopening Resource for Foodservice Operators
Nova Scotia Business Labour Economic Coalition (Halifax Chamber of Commerce)
The Post Promise (training, education, and declaration)
Canadian Business Resilience Network (Canadian Chamber of Commerce)
View Halifax Partnership's COVID-19 Economic Response and Recovery Plan
DHBC has created physical distancing graphics for members to use. Members are welcome to download, print and install them throughout their business as needed:
Last updated on March 21, 2022