It is important for everyone to do their part in slowing down the spread of the virus, including self-isolation and physical distancing as per the State of Emergency directives issued on March 22, 2020. Downtown Halifax Business Commission (DHBC) is following the directives of public health organizations, in particular: Nova Scotia Health Authority, Health Canada, and the World Health Organization, and is asking businesses in Downtown Halifax to do the same.
Links to Federal, Provincial, and Municipal Program and Service Updates:
NOVA SCOTIA BUSINESS, LABOUR, AND ECONOMIC COALITION
The Halifax Chamber of Commerce has created the COVID-19 NS Business, Labour and Economic Coalition, of which DHBC is an active member. The group represents the business and labour community and will work to support businesses, labour, and employees and allow collaboration across Nova Scotia during this uncertain time. The coalition virtually meets three times a week, with representatives from all orders of government on the calls.
- Nova Scotia Reopening Plan
- Restaurant Association of Nova Scotia Contact Tracing App for dine-in restaurants and licenced establishments
- Preparing to Reopen Nova Scotia
- Restaurant COVID-19 Rapid Recovery Guide for Nova Scotia Reopening Resource for Foodservice Operators
- Government of Nova Scotia
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
- Nova Scotia Business Labour Economic Coalition (Halifax Chamber of Commerce)
- The Post Promise training, education, and declaration
- Watch Provincial Government live webcasts
- Government of Canada
- Innovation Canada
- Canadian Business Resilience Network (Canadian Chamber of Commerce)
- The Business Resilience Service
- View Halifax Partnership's COVID-19 Economic Response and Recovery Plan
- Government of Canada toll-free information line: 1-833-784-4397
- Government Business Navigators: Navigators are available by calling or 1-844-628-7347, (902) 424-4475, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, or by email at BusNavigation@novascotia.ca
*Downtown Halifax Business Commission has created physical distancing graphics for members to use. Members are welcome to download, print and install them throughout their business as needed.
DOWNTOWN LOWDOWN EPISODE 56 - Tuesday, September 14, 2021
This week on Downtown Lowdown, Ivy chats with Jonathan Goldson, Downtown Halifax Business Commission’s new Placemaking Manager. Jonathan tells us his passion for creating vibrant and inclusive public spaces, some projects the he is working on right now, and more.
This episode was recorded on September 9, 2021.
MORE INFO HERE.
Below are links to where you can find updates, advice, and resources for prevention and preparedness:
- Nova Scotia Workplace PPE Supplier Directory
- Halifax Regional Municipality
- Nova Scotia Health Authority
- Health Canada
- Health Canada: risk-informed decision-making for mass gatherings during COVID-19 global outbreak
- World Health Organization
- Restaurant Association of Nova Scotia's COVID-19 Protocol for Restaurants in Nova Scotia
- Summary of Federal Government Iinitiatives
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- Halifax Chamber of Commerce