with Representatives from Federal, Provincial, and Municipal Governments
hosted by Nova Scotia Business Improvement Districts
On April 28, 2020, via Zoom, the business improvement districts of Nova Scotia, invited representatives from the three orders of government to speak to businesses and answer questions on government economic relief programs. Here are links to the recorded webinar:
The three orders of government have moved quickly to develop programs to assist business through this public health crisis. This webinar is an opportunity for business to hear directly from government officials and ask questions or share concerns regarding available business programs and recovery plans.
Business Improvement Districts (BIDs) represent the downtown and mainstreet businesses that make up the collective heartbeat of our communities. Through the COVID-19 pandemic, downtown and mainstreet businesses were the first and often the hardest hit. We have heard stories of despair and concern, but also of hope and innovation. Working together, our mainstreets will survive. In our collective efforts to continue to advocate on behalf of our business districts and work in partnership with our government, we hope you are able to join this webinar.
- Introduction by Business Improvement Districts (BIDs)
- A representative from each of the three orders of government will give a brief presentation on the programs that are available through their government.
- Facilitated Q&A with businesses and government representatives via pre-submitted emailed questions and through a live-moderated Zoom Q & A function during the webinar.
- Kody Blois, Member of Parliament for Kings-Hants
- Andy Fillmore, Federal Parliamentary Secretary of Infrastructure
- Darren Fisher, Member of Parliament for Dartmouth
- Sean Fraser, Federal Parliamentary Secretary of Finance
- Darrell Samson, Member of Parliament for Sackville
- Geoff MacLellan, Provincial Minister of Business
- Cecil Clarke, Mayor of Cape Breton Regional Municipality
- Bill Mills, Mayor of Truro
- Mike Savage, Mayor of Halifax
- Sandra Snow, Mayor of Kentville
Downtown Dartmouth Business Commission, Downtown Halifax Business Commission, Downtown Truro Partnership, Kentville Business Community, North End Business Association, Porters Lake Business Improvement District, Quinpool Road Mainstreet District Association, Sackville Business Association, Spring Garden Area Business Association, Spryfield Business Commission, Sydney Downtown Development Association, Village on Main – Community Improvement District, and Windsor Business Enhancement Society.