The HotSpot Parking App is now available in Downtown Halifax at all meters and Waterfront pay-and-display parking lots.
The HotSpot Parking App offers users a mobile parking app at a monthly or annual fee for the convenience of paying for your parking on your mobile device.
HotSpot gives drivers more convenience when parking by:
- Notifying users when their meter is close to expiring
- Giving users the option to add more time up to the maximum for the space
- Giving users the option to cancel their session early and be refunded for any unused time
- Providing users with a code on each meter
- Providing users with over 1,400* meters in the city of Halifax (that are available on the app)
Additional information to remember:
- Parking meter rates and time limits vary throughout the Downtown area
- If you receive a parking ticket, paper tickets will still be issued, not through the mobile app
- You do not have to use the mobile app in order to pay, standard methods of payment for parking remain unchanged
- Parking meters are in operation Monday through Friday, between 8 am and 6 pm. Parking at meters if free on weekends, holidays and after designated time restrictions listed on the meter. HotSpot will not process payment during these times.
The HotSpot Parking App has a $2 monthly fee or $20 annual fee (+HST). To access mobile payment for parking, users must download the HotSpot app which is available on the App Store, Google Play or Blackberry World.
Download the HotSpot Parking app today!
For more information on metered parking in Downtown Halifax click here
For more information about the HotSpot Parking App click here
HOTSPOT TAP VALIDATION SERVICE
HotSpot Parking released an updated mobile app on November 25, 2019. One of the most exciting new features for businesses is the updated Merchant Validation Service. Businesses can reward customers and keep them in-store longer with the HotSpot Tap Validation Service. Reimburse 30 minutes, 1-hour or a custom amount to your customers' HotSpot wallets, and show them you appreciate their business. The new validation service is a convenient way to offer value to your customers.
If you are interested in learning more about how to validate your customers' parking using tap, contact Cody McArthur, VP of Client Success at HotSpot Parking at email@example.com.
HOTSPOT CONTACT INFO:
*This number includes areas outside of Downtown Halifax.