Dog Days of Summer: Saturday, August 10
• Mistress of Ceremony: Candy Palmater
• DJ set by GRUBBY
• Canine stars of Neptune Theatre’s Legally Blonde: Taffy, Tootsie & Boston
• Agility demo by Detour and John MacKinley of True North Agility
• Dress up your dog to compete in the doggy fashion contest to win prizes. Prizes provided by FireWorks Gallery ($100 gift certificate); Bikram Yoga Halifax (tote bag and one-month unlimited yoga, $150 value); DogRunnin (two 4 x 40 min. Runnin or Walk-to-Runnin gift certificates, $100 value each); One-night stay at the Westin NovaScotian Hotel for two and their dog including hot buffet breakfast, parking and doggie treats. Humans get to sleep in a Westin Heavenly Bed and dog in a Heavenly Dog Bed..
• Bring a donation of dog food for Litters ‘N’ Critters Animal Rescue
• Pet portraits by Sabrina Thurlow Photography
• Yelp.com dog bandanas
• Doggy treats
• LITE 92.9 Summer Cruiser handing out pop, juice, and treats!
• Blessing of the dogs by St. Matthew's United Church
Visit these dog-friendly businesses (most up-to-date list):
~*Argyle Fine Art - They are dog-friendly on August 10 and will allow them in the gallery on that day.
~*Bikram Yoga Halifax - They have a dog-friendly studio patio. There live music from 2:00-3:00 pm as well a 3:00 pm class for only $10 with proceeds going to Litters 'N' Critters.
~ Biscuit General Store - They always have a water dish and treats will have a 10% off offer for dog owners who bring in their dog on August 10.
Burrito Jax - They will provide free doggy bags full of treats for the four-legged friends.
~ Canadian Bacon Cookhouse - They offer bacon samples to their furry friends.
~*Centre for Health Studies - They have a Veterinary Hospital Assistant program and always welcomes pets on campus.
~ Delta Barrington Hotel - When guests check in they get a welcome pack with a dog bowl and dog treat (extra room fee).
~ Delta Halifax Hotel - When guests check in they get a welcome pack with a dog bowl and dog treat (extra room fee).
~* FireWorks Gallery - They have a spiffy dog fountain that dogs pose in front of for photos on the business' Facebook page.
~ Four Points by Sheraton Halifax - They have no restrictions on dog size. They put guests with dogs on the second floor to make it easier for them.
~* I Heart Bikes - They always have a water bowl and treats all season long. They also have a basket that attaches to the bike, which carries small dogs up to 15 lbs. It is free with any regular rental.
~ Inkwell Modern Handmade Boutique & Letterpress Studio - They will have water bowls and treats available that day. They always allow dogs accompanied by their owners in the shop.
* Ocean Optometry - They will have a CNIB seeing-eye dog at their location and display of low-vision aids. They will also be accepting donations for CNIB.
~* Patagonia Halifax - Has a dog water dish and treats and will have a special savings for dog owners who bring in their dogs.
~ Residence Inn Halifax Downtown - Treats and a water dish for doggies on August 10.
~* Studio 21 Fine Art - There will be water and dog biscuits available for the visitors. Their gallery Great Dane, Max, will be here to greet visitors and to show off the beautiful work at Studio 21.
~ The Prince George Hotel - Dog treats, water bowl, blanket, a door sign and more for hotel guests. Bring your puppy by the Prince George Hotel front entrance for some relaxation and recuperation after the big event on August 10! Featuring: Pup-sicles, peanut butter cookies, filtered Gio water – sparkling or still - whatever your pooches’ preference! Swag bags for the first 50! Enter our draw for an overnight ESCAPE...
~ The Shack Oyster Bar - Always water out for the little guys, especially on those hot days.
~* The Westin NovaScotian Hotel - They feature a "Westin Heavenly Dog Bed."
~ World Tea House - They have water bowls out front year round and has a special mint tea for doggies.
~ Dog-friendly business.
*Accepting donations of dog food, leashes, collars, and toys for Litters ‘N’ Critters, August 2-10.